Friday, August 16, 2013

Urban Fiction

Hey guys I am back and I have to say a few words about urban fiction and by urban fiction I mean books written for a certain demographic (African Americans). I have never really liked urban fiction, for the reason I think it is way to stereotypical of African Americans, with the drugs, sex and even the names. I think personally that anyone can write a urban novel. If I wanted to I could write one, but I don't want to because I have better things to do with my time.

I recently had a debate with a fellow reader and she loves urban fiction, I told her that I don't see why she likes urban literature. She then preceded to tell me that it is good literature. What actually qualifies urban books as good literature? I completely disagree with her but to each his or her own's. So what do you think: Is urban literature good literature?

No comments:

Post a Comment