Friday, March 9, 2012

Seeing the Movie vs. Reading the books

Maybe it's just me but I am the kind of person that likes to read the book first then watch the movies, I think that if you read the book first it makes the movie more enjoyable. What I have also have found out that 99.9% of the time the book is going to have some stuff that the movies leave out. For example, with the book "The Help" was pretty detailed but when it came to the movie it left giant chunks of the book out. I have also noticed this with "The Game of Thrones" series. In the books they go into so much detail and they explain the characters so well, however when they go into the series made for tv things are left out.

That is why I think that it's important to read the book first because it will not only give you better understanding of the movie yet you will also understand the plot more fully. Maybe I am not the only one that does that but I find that it's a real big help to seeing the bigger picture of the plot..